MMPC recognizes the importance of personal information managed and used in its business activities hence, It is the policy of MMPC to respect, value and uphold the data privacy rights of our customers and stakeholders by adhering to the general principles of transparency, legitimate purpose, and proportionality in the collection or processing of personal information and/or sensitive personal information pursuant to the provisions of Republic Act 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, and its Implementing Rules and Regulations.
Any personal information that we collect shall be processed in accordance with the law and we shall not use or share the information with anyone unless otherwise allowed therein, or pursuant to a given consent, or necessary to achieve a legitimate or declared purpose.
COLLECTION AND/OR USE
Through voluntary disclosure and/or by automated methods, we may collect and process the following information:
1. Personal information such as name, date of birth, age, gender, civil status, profession and/or occupation;
2. Contact details such as postal address, email address, landline and or mobile phone number;
3. Product details (for purchased products) such as vehicle identification number, license number, and other information captured by the vehicle sensors (if any).
We may also collect and/or process information involved in certain services that are coursed through or with the use of computers and/or mobile devices such:
1. Permitted information on login information, GPS location, profile data, biometric data such as voice, photograph, and/or fingerprint depending on the device or hardware settings;
2. Vehicle information when connected to the computer and/or mobile devices;
3. Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect the computer and/or mobile device to the internet;
4. Usage details including date and time of use, page, response times, and/or download or upload errors.
Cookies are small text files that contain limited and non-personal data, usually a unique identifier stored in your mobile device’s web browser or in the application. We or we may allow third parties to place cookies to optimize user experience and provide us with better insights into your use of computer or mobile device related programs and/or application. We may not be able to track certain settings such as “do not track setting” for lack of support thereof.
We, or our third parties, may collect and process the foregoing information for any of the following:
1. To perform our legitimate activities as manufacturer, assembler, importer, and distributor of Mitsubishi Motors vehicles and products;
2. To provide, administer and operate the services connected with our legitimate activities;
3. To make improvements to our products and/or services to ensure that it will redound to an effective and efficient user experience;
4. For our internal record keeping requirements, which include the collection of anonymized details to compile aggregate statistics or produce internal reports/references to improve our products and/or services;
5. For marketing and data analysis and research, including the conduct of surveys;
7. To disclose your information to the extent allowed under existing laws, rules and regulations.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We retain the information in accordance with the limits provided for under existing laws, rules and regulation, and as long as required pursuant to the declared, specific and legitimate purpose. We may also retain your information when necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims in accordance with such standards observed in the applicable industry (if any) or authorized under such law, rule or regulation.
We will take necessary and appropriate measures to maintain the security of personal information in order to prevent unauthorized access, leakage, falsification or loss of such personal information. We endeavor to keep such information accurate and up-to-date.
SHARING OR DISCLOSURE
We may engage the services of third parties such as, but not limited to, our Authorized Dealers, Business Partners, and/or Third Party Service Providers or Sub-Contractors in the conduct of our legitimate activities, in accordance with existing laws, rules and regulation, or pursuant to a given consent.
Should we share the information in furtherance hereof, we will do the same in accordance with reasonable commercial standards such as, but not limited to, by mail, telephone, fax, e-mail, or other electronic messaging services. The sharing or disclosure shall only be done on a need to know basis and subject to such measures that would ensure the security of the information and, in all cases only, for our legitimate activities and purposes only.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF DATA
LINKS TO OTHER SITES OR APPLICATIONS
Our website may contain links to third parties or other sites or applications that will direct to such website or application if clicked and/or accessed. Unless expressly indicated, MMPC do not operate the external websites or applications. It is strongly advisable to review the Privacy Notices or Policies of that website or application to understand how personal information may be collected or processed therein.
MMPC will not knowingly collect personal information of a child unless the consent of parents or legal guardian was obtained. In case we discover that personal information of a child was given without the consent of parents or legal guardian, we will immediately delete this from our records and/or system.
We will take necessary and appropriate technical, organizational, administrative and physical measures to maintain the security and protect the personal information in order to prevent unauthorized access or alteration, accidental damage, deletion, misuse, loss, leakage, or falsification of personal information. We well check the handling of personal information regularly and always make every effort for continuous improvement. We shall strive to use commercially acceptable means of protecting the personal information. However, we do not guarantee the security of any method of transmission over the internet, especially when we do not provide network connection services.
Moreover, in the event that some of our businesses and/or assets are proposed to be acquired or acquired by third parties, we may share or disclose the information as part of business transfer or acquisition. We may also share or disclose the information as part of business or asset sale due to insolvency or similar situation in accordance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
DATA PRIVACY RIGHTS
We recognize the rights of Data Subjects under the Data Privacy Act of 2012. As such, subject to the reasonable internal processes and requirements as we may adopt from time to time, we will comply with the exercise of any of such rights that meets the requirements and criteria of the law or its implementing rules and regulations.